This plan includes the written procedures and practices this business establishment has implemented to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
This plan adheres to all measures established by the Governor’s guidance, the Department of Labor & Industries (L&I) Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention: General Requirements and Prevention Ideas for Workplaces, and the Washington State Department of Health Workplace and Employer Resources & Recommendations (DOH). This plan incorporates the latest industry guidance available from the State of Washington at https://www.governor.wa.gov/issues/issues/covid-19-resources/covid-19-reopening-guidance-businesses-and-workers
For your health and safety, all clients must schedule an appointment to come into the salon for any service.
- 6-foot separation will be maintained between all employees (and customers) in all interactions when service allows.
- Strict sanitation protocol between each client.
- Use of plexiglass barriers.
- Masks will be worn at all times.
- Staggering of shifts/breaks.
When strict physical distancing is not feasible for a specific task, the following prevention measures will be taken:
- New gloves will be work between clients.
- Protective face shields or goggles will be worn at all times along with masks.
- Protective covering will be changed between each client.
Customer Traffic Management
- Guest occupancy will be kept to 10 people total.
- Distancing reminders are installed to maintain 6-foot distance in lines to enter, check-out lines, lobby and within the salon.
- Signage at entrance communicates occupancy limits, six-foot physical distancing guidance and policy on face coverings
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All employees are being issued PPE appropriate for their job function or the activity being performed. PPE includes gloves, goggles, face shields and face masks.
- Employees are required to wear appropriate PPE at all times at work.
- Signage at entrance requires customers to use face masks when in the salon.
Sanitation and Cleaning
- All high-touch areas are frequently sanitized, including restrooms, fitting rooms, check-out counters, doors and all commonly-touched surfaces.
- Employees are required to wash hands frequently throughout their shift including before and after going to the bathroom, before and after eating and after coughing, sneezing or blowing their nose.
- Hand sanitizer (greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol) is available at entry.
- Disposable gloves are provided for use where safe and applicable to prevent transmission on tools or other shared items.
Employee Health Screening
- All employees are screened for signs/symptoms of COVID-19 at the start of shift.
- Sick employees are instructed to go home immediately if they feel or appear sick.
- Sick employees are not allowed to return to work until they have been evaluated by a healthcare provider.
- Any area where a sick employee worked is immediately cleaned and sanitized using cleaning guidelines from the CDC.
- All employees are trained about how to prevent transmission of COVID-19 and about every procedure in this plan before they start work.
- Safety information, hygienic practices and policies are posted on-site including:
- Not touching the face with unwashed hands or with gloves;
- Washing hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Using hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol;
- Cleaning and disinfecting frequently-touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, machines, shared tools, elevator control buttons, doors and doorknobs; and
- Covering the mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing as well as other hygienic recommendations by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Employee information regarding their rights under Stay Home, Stay Healthy Proclamation 20-46, high risk employee rights, and Families First Coronavirus Response Act, use of unemployment benefits and other paid time off resources is provided to every employee and posted in our break room.
- This plan is monitored daily for compliance by the COVID-19 site supervisor on-site during every shift.
Employee and Customer Log
- A daily log of all workers will be kept and maintained for at least four weeks. The log includes name, phone number and email address of all workers.